I've owed this to halfacork
. And I promised her I'd get it done today, so here it is. Too bad that I'm just really boring, there's nothing earth-shattering here. :P
1. List seven habits/quirks/facts about yourself.
2. Tag seven people to do the same.
3. Do not tag the person who tagged you or say that you tag "whoever wants to do it."
1. I can't stand noise when I first wake up. Up to and including people talking. It isn't that it's just annoying, it's damn near incomprehensible. Someone can say something to me in the first hour or so, and though I know what
they're saying, it doesn't translate right in my brain. Yeah, I don't know either. But TV or radio first thing in the morning is a hanging offense.
2. In my first nineteen years, I lived in two states, North Dakota and Tennessee. In my last 18, I've lived in six more - Colorado, Michigan, Illinois, Georgia, Vermont and New Hampshire. Five of those were in the last 10 years. I've driven through or visited all but 12 states in the US. I've also been to Spain and Canada, but never Mexico. Go figure.
3. I have a rather unique family. I have 3 brothers and a sister, and we're all adopted. One of my brothers is Korean, one is Colombian, one is Irish, Italian and German, and my sister is Native American, Souix nation. I'm Norwegian, Finnish, a little bit of German and a trace of Cherokee.
4. As noted above, I'm adopted. I found both of my birth parents about 5 years ago, and also have two half-brothers and a half-sister, as well as 3 nieces from various siblings. My birth mom was 14 when I was born, and my birth father was 18 - his brother was married at the time to my birth mom's sister. Those wacky Minnesotans and their close families. It's not my fault I'm crazy.
5. There's only one food I will absolutely not eat, and that's boiled spinach. Anything else, I'll at least try, though I may decide not to finish it if I do. I was a lot more finicky when I was younger, but they say your taste buds change as you get older, and it's certainly been the case for me. My hubby is way pickier... he won't eat anything green. Makes it tough for me to get my veggies in, but I give it a shot anyway.
6. I'm a messy neat person... or maybe a neat messy person. I can let things pile up to a certain extent, but once it gets past that point, I freak out and have to clean or it drives me nuts. I think part of that has to do with the fact that I'm a packrat, but can't hold a candle to my parents. They throw nothing away, and still have shit in their house that should have been thrown away in the seventies. I see things laying around, piling up, and suddenly it's "oh my god I'm turning into my parents, this shit has GOT to go."
7. I love to write, and think I do so at least fairly well, but I have no creativity. I can't seem to create my own world, no matter how hard I try. I think at least part of it is that I'm not giving it my full attention, even when I think I am. When I find something I enjoy doing, I tend to do it obsessively. And then one day, the urge simply leaves me, and I find a new obsession that occupies my full attention. Unfortunately, writing hasn't yet had it's glory day as my first and foremost obsession. Hopefully someday.
And since I'm incapable of following rules, I'm not tagging anyone in particular, though there are a couple of people I wouldn't mind seeing post this one. Quantic, you're one of those. Get to it!